Why choose this level?
On this Level, you replace 2
meals with OPTIFAST VLCD products and include 1 healthy meal, which is
approximately 350 calories. It is ideal for you if your BMI is 25-30 kg/m2
or if you find the Intensive Level too restrictive and want to incorporate a
‘normal’ meal during the day.
How does it work?
The Active 2 Level restricts calorie intake but not as much as the Intensive Level, and if combined with regular exercise, more gradual levels of weight loss can be achieved. Unlike the Intensive Level, the Active 2 Level doesn't work by inducing ketosis. It works purely by restricting calorie intake to approximately 1000 calories per day. During the Active 2 Level you will be replacing two meals each day with an OPTIFAST VLCD product.
You will also need to have:
- 1 low-calorie meal (approximately 350 calories)
- 2 or more cups of low starch vegetables
- 2 litres of water or calorie-free fluids (minimum)
- 1 serve of fruit (approximately 70 calories)
- 1 serve of dairy (approximately 100 calories)
The length of time that you are on this level will depend on your lifestyle needs and weight loss goals.See Allowed Foods