The OPTIFAST Difference
The OPTIFAST Program is a clinically proven, scientifically designed very low calorie diet (VLCD) program recommended for the dietary management of obesity.
The OPTIFAST VLCD Program can help you achieve fast and effective weight loss with a flexible 3,2,1 step program
Weight loss has been shown to help improve health outcomes:
- Improve blood glucose control1
- Improve blood pressure control2
- Improve quality of life1
- Reduce blood cholesterol2
- Reduce the pain associated with osteoarthritis3
Our program levels are designed to help people achieve the health benefits of weight loss and adopt healthier eating habits.
It is important to discuss any dietary change with your healthcare professional before commencing. However, there are specific groups that the OPTIFAST Program Intensive Level is not suitable for.
Do any precautions need to be taken?
Precautions may need to be taken when using the OPTIFAST Program Intensive Level if you have any of the following:
- History of severe psychological disturbance, alcoholism or drug abuse
- Cholelithiasis or past history of gall stones
- Pancreatitis or Gout
- Fertility issues
It is essential that you seek the advice of a qualified healthcare professional who can help manage and advise you on which level of the OPTIFAST VLCD Program is right for you.
What will the program cost me?
1. Lean M.E.J., et al. Lancet 2018; 391: 541-51.
2. Anderson, J.W., et al. J American College of Nutrition, 2003. 22(5): p.331-339.
3. Reicke, B.F.., et al. Osteoarthritis Cartilage, 2010. 18(6):p. 746-54.
4. Delbridge, E and Proitetto, J. The State of the science: VLED (Very Low Energy Diet) for obesity. Asia Pac J Clin Nutr. 2006;15 Suppl:49-54.
5. Mustajoki, P and Pekkarinen, T. Very low energy diets in the treatment of oebsity. Obes Rev. 2001 Feb;2(1):61-70.