Why choose this level?
On this Level, you replace 1 meal with an OPTIFAST VLCD product and include 2 healthy meals, each meal approximately 350 calories. It is ideal if your BMI is 25-30 kg/m2, and would like to incorporate some 'normal' meals into your day.
How does it work?
The Active 1 Level of the OPTIFAST VLCD Program continues to work by restricting calories, helping to achieve a more gradual weight loss. The total calorie intake is restricted to approximately 1200 calories per day.
During the Active 1 Level you will be replacing 1 meal with an OPTIFAST VLCD product.
You will also need to have:
- 2 low-calorie meals (approximately 350 calories each)
- 2 or more cups of low starch vegetables
- 2 litres of water or calorie-free fluids (minimum)
- 2 serves of fruit (approximately 70 calories)
- 1 serve of dairy (approximately 100 calories)
The length of time that you are on this level will depend on your lifestyle needs and weight loss goals.See Allowed Foods