This recipe was created by Joni Condos of Opti Cook. Note: OPTIFAST licenses a selection of Opti Cook recipes and does not endorse or hold any further association with Opti Cook or its website content.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, stalks left on to resemble mini drumsticks
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cooking sake
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Stevia
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups of low salt stock, Massel Chicken Stock (vegan)
- To make the drumsticks, slice the cauliflower top to bottom around each floret. Trim the florets, if needed, to expose more of the stalk.
- Place the drumsticks in a frypan over medium heat and mix around the ginger and vegetable oil. Cook for 10 mins, until nice and browned, turning regularly. Add all the rest of the ingredients. Cook until sauce has thickened, approx. 10 mins, again turning the drumsticks regularly to soak up the teriyaki flavour. The timing will depend on how large your drumsticks are, so adjust accordingly. Add more stock or water if needed. The cauliflower should be cooked through but not soft and falling apart.
- I use the O'Bento brand of cooking sake as it is low in calories & carbohydrates (1.1g carb & 23 calories per 25 ml serve). Check the panels of your local one. Exclude if you can't find it!