This recipe was created by Joni Condos of Opti Cook. Note: OPTIFAST licenses a selection of Opti Cook recipes and does not endorse or hold any further association with Opti Cook or its website content.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 3 medium zucchini, peeled & spiralised (using a thin blade)
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetables, diced (I used carrot, broccolini & snow peas)
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato paste (or low-calorie tomato sauce)
- 1 tbsp Sriracha or other chilli paste (optional)
- In a large frypan or wok, heat the oil, add the onion, ginger & garlic. Cook stirring for 5 mins. Add the 4 cups of vegetables & cook for a further 5 mins, stirring.
- Mix the curry powder, soy sauce, tomato paste & chilli (if using) with 2 tbsp water in a small bowl.
- Add the sauce mix & zucchini noodles to the pan.
- Using tongs, mix gently around until noodles are cooked & liquid has evaporated.
- If freezing, cook everything, including the sauce but leave out the zoodles, adding them at the last minute once reheated.
- You could also use the Konjac Angel Hair noodles or carrot zoodles.
- Reduce the amount of curry powder used if you don't like any heat or if it upsets your tummy.
- Supplement the vegetables with other low starch ones to your liking.
- There is no need to peel the zucchini; I just do it as I think the skin tastes bitter.