This recipe was created by Joni Condos of Opti Cook. Note: OPTIFAST licenses a selection of Opti Cook recipes and does not endorse or hold any further association with Opti Cook or its website content.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 brown onion, peeled and very finely diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley leaf
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 medium cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 cups stock
- 250g pkt frozen spinach, defrosted and drained/squeezed to remove all water
- In a frying pan, add oil, add onion and all spices. Cook over medium heat until really brown and crunchy. This makes the French onion spice mix.
- Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, heat stock to the boil, then add cauliflower florets. Turn down to a simmer and cook until very soft, approx. 15-20 mins. Drain well and puree until nice and smooth.
- Mix the squeezed spinach, cauliflower puree and half the onion mix on a bowl until just combined. Tip into a serving bowl. Top with the crunchy onion mix.
- Serve with cut-up veggies as a warm or cold dip. Also suitable for a quick warm bowl meal during the week with a side salad.
- Probably not one to freeze as the cauliflower could separate, also topping would lose its crunch.