This recipe was created by Joni Condos of Opti Cook. Note: OPTIFAST licenses a selection of Opti Cook recipes and does not endorse or hold any further association with Opti Cook or its website content.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 1 1/2 tsp Stevia
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 small birdseye chillis, seeds removed and sliced (optional to add some heat)
- 3 cups fresh Asian style vegetables (capsicum, broccoli, snow peas, carrots, baby bok choy etc.)
- 3 zucchinis, peeled & spiralised for the noodles (or use Slendier/Chang konjac noodles)
- In a large plastic or glass bowl, add the onion, garlic, cumin, ginger, soy sauce, peanut oil, turmeric, Stevia, cumin, lemon juice & chilli (if using). Stir & let sit for 5 mins while you chop your vegetables.
- Add your chopped vegetables (excluding the spiralised zucchini), stir to coat well. Sit to the side to marinate for at least 10 mins (you can even leave overnight & cook the next day).
- Heat a large frypan or wok over medium heat. Add the marinated vegetables, including the liquid and stir fry for approx 5 mins until nearly cooked through. Add the zucchini noodles and stir fry for an additional 3 mins. You may need to add ¼ cup water or so as it cooks and sauce evaporates.
- Serve nice and hot topped with a few spring onions & sliced chilli if using.
- You can also use this as a marinade for satay kebabs for a BBQ.
- Also great as a tasty sauce over steamed vegetables & cauliflower rice.
- You could also use a frozen pack of Asian style vegetables.