- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 1 slice of grain toast
- 2 teaspoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¾ cup non-fat milk (187mL)
- ¼ cup grated low-fat cheese (30g)
- Cut and discard bottom third of asparagus, wash well.
- Place asparagus in a microwave dish with heads turned towards the middle in a fan shape.
- Cover with plastic wrap, add 2 steam holes and microwave for 4 minutes.
- Prepare the cheese sauce by melting the margarine in a measuring cup in the microwave.
- Stir in the flour and mustard to form a smooth paste.
- Stir and slowly add the milk.
- Return to the microwave, stirring periodically and cooking until thick and smooth.
- Place cooked asparagus on 2 pieces of toast.
- Pour over sauce, sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Allergens and Intolerances
- This recipe contains cow’s milk and wheat. Please check ingredients and allergen declarations on all food packaging to ensure it is suitable for your dietary requirements.