This recipe was created by Joni Condos of Opti Cook. Note: OPTIFAST licenses a selection of Opti Cook recipes and does not endorse or hold any further association with Opti Cook or its website content.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 4 cups stock (chicken or vegetable)
- 1 medium cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and cook onion, garlic and thyme until brown and crispy (about 10 minutes).
- Remove 1/2 cup of this mixture to add back later.
- Add the chopped cauliflower, bay leaves and stock to the same saucepan. Bring to the boil, then simmer, stirring occasionally, until really tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove 1/2 cup cooked cauliflower. Blitz the rest until smooth and creamy.
- Return the saucepan with the creamy soup to the heat, on low, and add the diced carrot and celery. Cook for about 15 minutes until diced vegetables are soft. Stir through the reserved cauliflower pieces, onion mixture and parsley.
- Serve garnished with more parsley and black pepper.
- If you are able to have 100g protein and/or cooking for the family, add diced fish fillets or other seafood to make a fish chowder. Diced chicken thighs would also go well.
- Try to use low salt stock if possible.
- Freezes well.