- 1 small peeled and chopped Spanish onion
- ½ clove chopped garlic
- Spray oil
- 30g long grain rice
- 70ml reduced sodium vegetable stock
- 100g canned chopped herbed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon ground chilli
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (2.5mL)
- ¼ teaspoon saffron (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ small finely chopped red capsicum
- 3 medium sliced mushrooms
- 3 pitted kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley or basil
- Stir-fry onion and garlic in oil and water until onion is golden.
- Stir in rice and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in stock and chopped canned tomatoes, ground chilli, Worcestershire sauce, saffron and sugar.
- Cover, turn to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until just about cooked.
- Add capsicum and mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Stir in olives and chopped parsley and serve.
Allergens and Intolerances
- This recipe contains fish and wheat. Please check ingredients and allergen declarations on all food packaging to ensure it is suitable for your dietary requirements.