This recipe was created by Joni Condos of Opti Cook. Note: OPTIFAST licenses a selection of Opti Cook recipes and does not endorse or hold any further association with Opti Cook or its website content.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 1 medium-sized head of cauliflower, riced.
- Thumb sized piece of ginger grated
- 1 clove garlic grated
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 Nori Sheets
- 2 cups of vegetables (capsicum, cucumber, lettuce, carrots, zucchini, green beans), sliced thinly lengthwise
- Dash of wasabi if you like the flavour
- Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until it resembles grains of rice
- Heat a large, deep frypan and add the riced cauliflower, ginger, garlic and seasoning.
- Stir fry for around 10 minutes or until the cauliflower is steamed and softened slightly. Pour into a bowl and leave to cool. Add wasabi if you like it now.
- Spread the cooled cauliflower rice onto a nori sheet. Leave one end seam-free to complete the roll and seal.
- Lay your sliced fillings on top of the rice at the end of the roll closest to you and gently lift and roll, tightening the roll as you go. If you find the edge of your nori sheet isn't sticking, try dabbing it with a little water.
- Use a sharp knife, dipped in water, make bite-sized slices, or make bigger rolls, cut in half.
- Serve with soy sauce and some low-carb pickled ginger.
- Great for parties. It does take some time if you are planning to do only one meal. I'd recommend at least two meals are made and eaten on the same day.
- Doesn't freeze or refrigerate well. It should be eaten the same day.
- Can also serve with the Opti Cook mayonnaise with some added wasabi.